Monday, August 23, 2010

Day 9 Monday, Japan Gave My Best Bathroom Experience in my entire life!

With a title like that, it makes you wonder what it’s all about. I was going to wait and write about it later in my day 9 update but decided to create its own post.

Japan is known for their innovations, taking simple concepts and making it better. In this case I finally got to experience the infamous innovation for your ass. No it’s not a dildo (which are innovations they are very well known for) but it’s their toilet seats. Sure the Europeans haven had bidets for decades, which is a very novel way to clean your rear end but it requires a whole ‘nother bathroom device devoted to one purpose. What if you combine it right into the toilet and make a robotic seat that does the job for you. The Japanese electronic bidet has wowed many, scared others, and baffled the simple minded American folk who love to use abrasive toilet paper to wipe their collective asses. I have to admit, I was intimidated at first with their array of controls but I love all things electronic with buttons to push so I was morbidly curious as to what it’s all about.

I will never be the same again! After spending over a week in Japan my first encounter was at the public restroom at the Fuji TV building. Being one of the biggest broadcasters in Japan, it would be the equivalent to visiting the Time Warner building in NY. They had some of the best of the best bidet inside their upper level restroom. It washed, it dried, it pulsated, it warmed my ass cheeks (not that it needed it in the summer), it did everything except sing to me (which I heard some do). I am absolutely in love with these devices. Why don’t we have them here in the US? What is wrong with our culture where we can’t have robotic toilet seats? It was one of the most memorable bathroom experiences I’ve had in my life! My ass will never be the same!

So why do they and other European countries have them. Primarily it is very sanitary but the secondary reason is that it cuts down on toilet paper usage. In a public restroom, it saves thousands of rolls a TP a month. In the standard home, hundreds of rolls are saved. I’ve read more about them and all agree that once you go electronic bidet, you can’t go back. Now I feel lonely sitting on a normal toilet. It’s just not good enough for me anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment