Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I can type faster on the iPad. How is that possible?

I can type faster on the iPad. How is that possible?

I'm a pretty good touch typist, averaging about 120-150 WPM with about a 70-80% accuracy. I can touch type on the iPad at about 120 WPM with 90% accuracy. How is that possible? Apple has an uncanny ability to predict and correct mistyping. When I give in to the iPad and not look at the keys I'm typing and instead look at the screen, it knows where my fingers are going and it knows what I'm trying to type without necessarily hitting the right keys. It bases my typing on what I'm likely to type instead of actual keys. Because of that, I get a better accuracy because on my "normal" keyboard it doesn't correct for hyper typing, which is my most common mistake, when my fingers move faster than my brain. I usually have to back space and correct my error but I don't have to do that. The only time when I slow down is when typing special words where it may auto correct, but after telling it three times I'm tying a special word, it adds it to the dictionary. AWESOME!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment